Lead Engineer | Denver, CO
The Lead Engineer oversees the property operations and maintenance of all building equipment, performance of preventative and unscheduled maintenance and in the successful completion of the day-to-day maintenance of property in accordance with standards, policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures all safety regulations are followed.
- Recommends and implements necessary repairs and adjustments to improve the operations of the HVAC, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems.
- Uses best practices to troubleshoot and repair equipment and system issues in a cost-effective manner.
- Ensures issues are resolved in a timely fashion with minimal impact to the property or tenants.
- Performs engineering maintenance analysis and repair activities, as required.
- Monitors, oversees, and checks operating conditions of HVAC, electrical, plumbing and piping systems.
- Follows up with customers to ensure all service requests are completed to their satisfaction.
- Escalates any issues to Property Management as needed.
- Fosters a work environment that promotes energy conservation and continuous improvement of engineering functions.
- Completes all preventative maintenance assignments and unscheduled tasks on time and identify and troubleshoot recurring problems in an effort to improve customer satisfaction and building efficiency.
- Participates in engineering training programs and initiatives, such as emergency response and safety meetings as required. • Complies with safety and environmental procedures and programs, specifically hazardous communication, lockout – tag out, asbestos O & M and mold awareness.
- Assists in maintaining inventory by properly monitoring and recording inventory items.
- Regularly provides information to the Property Management Staff regarding safety concerns and the general appearance of the property to ensure a quality and safe environment.
- Makes recommendations to the Regional Property Manager and/or IT Department on new technologies, methods, and materials for improving operating costs.
- Provides on-call maintenance for evenings, weekends and holidays as scheduled.
- Travel to other locations as needed.
- Performs all other duties as required and assigned.
- Demonstrate a complete and detailed understanding of all heating ventilating and air conditioning systems throughout the assigned properties.
- Demonstrate a complete and detailed understanding of all electrical distribution systems throughout the assigned property.
- Demonstrate a complete and detailed understanding of all water, drainage, compressed air and gas delivery systems throughout the assigned property.
- Ability to make most repairs to HVAC, plumbing, piping systems and electrical systems.
- Know when to escalate HVAC, plumbing, piping systems and electrical repairs to outside vendors.
- Strong working knowledge and use of test and metering equipment such as electrical multi-meters, ammeters and flow hoods.
- Strong working knowledge as well as demonstrate use of building control systems.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to give clear direction and respond to inquiries.
- Provide exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to operate hand tools.
- Knowledge of First Aid and Safety procedures.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in property maintenance and mechanical repairs in office buildings.
- Two-year trade school certificate emphasizing HVAC, electrical, plumbing, life safety and building control systems preferred.
- Highest level relevant state/local license for stationary engineer and/or HVAC, plus universal level refrigerant recovery license also preferred.
- Certifications meeting OSHA and ACM awareness training requirement.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate (verbally and in writing), listen, and view documents (both on paper and electronically). The employee regularly uses hands to type, write and manipulate equipment. This is a largely mobile role that requires frequent sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, bending, crawling, reaching, pushing, pulling and grasping. This role frequently requires climbing and working from a ladder. The employee is regularly required to lift and carry up to 100 pounds. Must be able to drive as needed during the course of work.Apply Now